>I won’t bore you with the details of what brought me to this but one guy had a great post on what “emerging” is starting to look like but it had lots of pottytalk so i won’t send you there. He did have a link to here and i liked what it says.
A definition of alternative worship
by Steve Collins 2005
- Christians reinventing faith expression for themselves within their own cultural settings
- a response to postmodern Western society and cultural change
- faith expression within culture not in a parallel ‘Christian’ culture
- reconsideration of all inherited church forms and structures, including recent modernising ones
- rediscovery of ancient and alternative Christian traditions as resources for the present and future
- paradigm shift from centralised into networked forms of church
I especially like the one in bold. I crave Faith in culture. I have grown wearly and lonely and i feel un-fulfilled sometimes when i get myself lost in the Christian Culture. I love the body of Christ, i just don’t think we were meant to live in a gated community. I love to see faith expression within the culture. It’s just hard from where i sit.